The Kwara State Government through the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Education and Human Capital Development has ordered the indefinite closure of some schools due to the crisis generated by the use of Hijabs by Muslim students.
Recall that the State Government has convene a stakeholder meeting on Thursday in order to address the growing crisis. However, their was protest in some schools in Ilorin on Friday due to that fact some students were denied entrance with their hijab.
The affected schools are:
1. C&S College Sabo Oke
2. ST. Anthony College, Offa Road
3. ECWA School, Oja Iya
4. Surulere Baptist Secondary School
5. Bishop Smith Secondary School, Agba Dam
6. CAC Secondary School Asa Dam
7. St. Barnabas Secondary School Sabo Oke
8. St. John School Maraba
9. St. Williams Secondary School Taiwo Isale
10. St. James Secondary School Maraba.
Meanwhile, another stakeholders meeting comprising representatives of the Muslim and Christian communities is expected to meet today to iron out the differences between the two communities.398